The Described and Captioned Media Program provides educational media designed for students with sensory disabilities. They offer over 5,000 educational videos in the content areas of language arts, mathematics, science, technology, geography, and more, as well as a library of children's literature video presentations. Videos and resources are also offered to families and professionals as learning modules on how to best meet the needs of their students.
Familes, teachers, and other professionals who serve students with disabilities qualify for free access to all of the DCMP content. There are also some free resources for those whose work may not directly benefit students. The DCMP is funded by the Department of Education and administered by the National Association of the Deaf.
The Described and Captioned Media Program. (2018). Retrieved from https://dcmp.org/


I love this! Videos are utilized all the time in classrooms to enrich lessons and with this program it makes it so easy to help make the content more accessible to more people. I was searching through some of the available videos and there seems to be a really great selection and variety. I also love that it is a free resource for families and teachers.
ReplyDeleteAlex, I have never heard of this program, and it sounds like an incredible resource. My library sees a lot of exceptional ed students throughout the day, for one reason or another, and I envision making some of the videos accessible for them. As you point out, engagement benefits all students, too.
ReplyDeleteAlex, like Jennifer I have never heard of this program, but the benefits to all students would be amazing. Having videos of books that are accessible to all students. Using your link I applied to have access to these resources for my students. Thanks for a great resource.
ReplyDeleteThis program would be very beneficial to several students that we serve. I am constantly searching for videos to make information more accessible for these students. Thank you so much for sharing this awesome resource! I can't wait to use it!
ReplyDelete